<VV> engine clack

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Sep 8 19:52:44 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/7/05 2:25:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I have a metallic clacking in my brand new engine. I think it is a
> lifter. All the lifters were new, as well as the valves, cam, springs,
> guides, seats, rockers, keepers, pistons, rings etc.

Mike,
You don't say whether this lifter has been clacking from the initial start,
or if it started after first being OK.

But going on the assumption that it started initially, my suggestion is to
get in the car and drive it at parkway speed for at least 1/2 hour...maybe
longer. The Corvair lifters will take that long to fill with oil sometimes.

Regards,
Bob Helt