<VV> In need of your expertise: issues with electrical system???

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Sat Sep 10 11:26:26 EDT 2005

Three places to look (not necessarily in this order):

1. Opposite end of negative cable (where it bolts to the engine).
2. Opposite end of positive cable (where it connects to the starter solenoid
(under the car).
3. "Firewall" connector (about 18 cables), the largest cable, which has red
insulation. Open this connector, inspect for corrosion, burning,
particularly on that largest cable. If things are melted down in this area,
you will either have to replace the engine harness or rig a bypass for that
big red cable, which is what powers the whole car forward of that point,
including the ignition switch, which is why you can't light up the starter
when that red cable isn't passing enough current.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C