<VV> Engine Time

Tom Wright tomsmail at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 11 17:17:23 EDT 2005

Hi All.

The 66 Corsa is coming along and I am getting close to engine assembly time. I have plastiguaged the rods, and miked the crank journals, all is ready. The pistons are in the bores and I am just having the crank final polished.

So now the questions.

I have brand new 140 heads. Copper head gaskets or steel? (cylinders are +030).

I have a torque sequence from Richard Finch as 5 11 1 7 3 9
                                                                     12 6 8 2 10 4

and the 65 shop manual says 12 8 1 4 6 10
                                            11 7 3 2 5 9

Vote on the best one for me to use.

Torque to 35, 30, or 25 - 28 with this over bore?

Thanks for all the help!

Tom Wright
St.Catharines
www.vaxxine.com/tomspage