<VV> But Seriously Folks, Here's a Post About Fuel Pumps

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 11 21:24:26 EDT 2005

Even with a new proper material diaphragm pump, they can fail from rust
particulate coursing thru the pump.

Do you have an inline filter before the pump?

Did the previous pump's diaphragm fail also?

There might be another reason that the pumps are failing....

Rick Loving
<SNIP>
Subject: <VV> But Seriously Folks, Here's a Post About Fuel Pumps

VVers:

I replaced the fuel pump on my '65 less than 2K miles ago (i..e, last
summer).  This morning, while warming it up, I noticed a small puddle
forming under the engine.  When I opened the hood, fuel was leaking
quite rapidly from the side of the pump.  I tried tightening all the
bolts on top of the unit, but the leak continued.

I don't mean to re-start the debate about mechanical vs. electric
pumps.  I just want to replace my mechanical unit and get driving again.

I have read here on VV about how there used to be a problem with the
fuel pumps, but now the problem's gone, and to look for the diaphragm
with the cloth fibers_______

<SNIP>