<VV> WTBRT reaches endurance milestone 300

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 11 00:56:47 EDT 2005

Hey Everyone, CORSA SC conducted their annual autocross at a new site
this year.
It was a very nice course and ran on a weathered but solid asphalt
surface in the large
parking lot of Wren High School in  Piedmont, SC. The weather was
picture perfect and the
course was made even more pleasant by a refreshing breeze which
cooled us all day. There
was a nice mix of earlies, lates, stock, street prepared and
competition Corvairs present. A
go-cart and a late model Corvette and a Cadillac Hearse,yes Hearse,
completed the field of entries.
  Three Corvair Atlanta members competed this year. Ray Paul, CA
president, brought and raced his
late model convertible which is really a drag race car and of course
WTBRT # 112 was ready and willing.
Scott, Ray, and I all drove the venerable #112  and during the late
afternoon the magic figure of 300 runs
was achieved and surpassed as Ray took 2 runs in our Beef mobile.
This is 300 runs without any mechanical
failures, or repairs of any type. We have a ball in our ULTRA
xcrosser and we encourage each of you to build
an inexpensive car and go racing. Oh, Donnie Bird of "Flying Pig"
fame, did NOT barbecue the BEEF team.
      FTD of the day was produced by David Clemens in his 3.1 liter
LM coupe. He ran a 38 second time.
Tony Ellison, Bruce Shug, and Steve Avery gave it their best but
couldn't match David this afternoon.
I was very proud of Scott as he pushed the BEEF to an outstanding
time of 41.35. I was over a second
slower in my best time of 42.56 while Ray Paul produced a 43.1 in his
first time out with #112.
Everyone had as many course runs as they wanted and much fun was had
by every entrant. Many thanks
to everyone and especially Barry Ellison "Choir Boy" as Eventmaster
of the Sweet Sixteenth "Corvairs in the Curves"

Chuck Armer aka FrontMan
Where's The Beef Racing Team WTBRT PR
Deckrug Enterprises Inc.LTD
Purveyor of used but not abused ULTRA Corvair Parts

ps. go-cart 47+ seconds best time, Caddy Hearse 55+seconds best time

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD