<VV> Locked up Engine

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 07:21:05 EDT 2005

I agree with his head bolt torquing sequence. For one thing, I doubt the
pattern used in the shop manual is actually the one GM used on the assembly
line. GM probably used multi socket power tools to torque them!
Finch's explanation as to why he chose that pattern is quite reasonable,  and
that's the one I've been using for over 30 years on Corvair engines!

In a message dated 9/11/2005 11:50:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,