<VV> Mosport?- Relax at a Spa

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Tue Sep 13 12:41:15 EDT 2005

> I was  watching Speed this weekend and they had a race at Mosport. I
> can't wait to  go.

Back when I was racing, Mosport was our least favorite track....and it's a
dangerous/costly place to race!  What you CAN'T see on the tube are the
elevation changes and all the damn concrete walls.  Mosport is nothing but
single-line up-hill or down-hill high-speed off-camber sweepers with grass
verges that are like sheets of grease with a concrete wall at the other end.
ONE minor brain-fart (or brain-fart by someone else....you got no place to
go at Mosport!) and you just have the hook park what's left of your car next
to the big dumpster in the paddock!

Add in facilities that made Nelson Ledges look like Mandalay Bay, and
Mosport was a race track we'd always pass up unless series points or
sponsorship commitments forced us to go (we won't even talk about the
Animals.......at one Trans-Am race, we had a 3 hour delay while they swept
the busted beer bottles off the track!).  I wouldn't run my 'Vair there, at
least not for giggles!

John