<VV> Mosport?- Relax at a Spa

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 11:49:18 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/13/2005 7:10:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Corvair at CorvairMotorsports.com writes:

I was  watching Speed this weekend and they had a race at Mosport. I
can't wait to  go. The only dangerous part might be the run off areas.
There didn't seem  to be any. Lots of trees close to the track. My
answer; use common sense.  Don't drive your car past it's limits or yours.

Rick  Stansbury

Speaking of "Speed Channel" - I watched the F1 Belgian GP this weekend at
Spa! Now that is a track I would love to run. Talk about a gut check at Eau
Rouge (Sorry about my French Spelling).

Corvair Content: In 1976, I worked in Belgium for the summer. In my travels
around the country, I saw several Corvairs. One of which was near the Spa
circuit - Behind a Bus company, an early model was parked - awaiting crushing, I
would guess. On a Sunday drive, I saw it as I whizzed by at about 130 on the
highway. (KPH-grin) I took the next exit and wound my way back - getting
thoroughly lost at least several times - before finding the front of the bus
company. There were no gates, so I drove around back and parked next to the car.
I was an early 4-door, Belgian built. It had a 160 KPH speedometer in  it,
but the car was pretty beat up. I couldn't get back to the bus company  during
the week - It was too far from Antwerp. I did actually stop at the Spa
circuit. Since it was a summer Sunday, there was racing going on, Formula Fords  as I
recall. I certainly wasn't getting any track time! Before leaving Belgium,  a
French/Flemish-speaking friend and I went to a local junkyard and I  bought a
67 Corvair Kilometer speedometer and I removed the Belgian build  ID plate
from the car. The ID plate is now in Dave Newell's "museum". - Seth  Emerson