<VV> The Corsa's New Shoes

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu Sep 15 11:26:25 EDT 2005

Corvairs of New Mexico is a great club in that, like I imagine other
clubs do, we all help each other out whenever we can.  I had given some
spare convertible
parts to a club member a few months back.  Well when he went to get rid of
his parts car he gave me first shot at the wheels.  The car was junk, but
it had nice rims with almost new tires.  Kidney bean style or whatever
they are called, 14 inch aluminum.  With the help of another club member
yesterday
we picked them up.  Today we put them on our 66 Corsa.   When we put the
car together we wanted an understated simple "500" style look so used body
color FC
rims with FC chrome dog dish hubcaps.  The new rims though seemed so
perfect for the car though so on they went.  The car is our sometimes
autocrosser and current daily driver for my sister.  I like the car but it
never gets enough attention from us, since we like lates, but like earlies
more.   Anyway we like the look and we have some pictures posted at:

Now all it needs is new paint!

http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/Corsa

-Geoff Johnson