<VV> Wheels and Tires Question

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Sep 15 17:15:03 EDT 2005

>>>Suspect I will go with something like either a 185x65x14 or 205x60x15 in
>>>front and a 215x65x15 in back.

Apparently some have taken offense at that statement

Has more to do with what is in the garage at the moment than what is most
appropriate. BTW re rim vs section width. If you study tire distortion
under high side loads you will see that a narrow rim will reduce the
contact patch as side loads increase (why some cars got a reputation for
sudden breakaway). For moderate side loading (spirited driving) rim width
equal to the tread is OK but for over one gee racing with maximum
transients I would want a rim equal to the section. YMMV. OTOH I have never
believed in the biggest tires possible since we get a LOT of rain.

Also not real interested in drag racing but would  like a 50 mph low gear (PG)

BTW I was able to run 28" rears on a 67 Camaro for fuel economy tests,
suspect the LM wheel well is similar.

Padgett