<VV> Wheels and Tires Question

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 15 16:18:28 EDT 2005

So, what was the original question?  I've not been following the thread.

The CA car a got in April came with 14" Thrush clone wheels.  Don't know the
backspace.  Tires are P215/60 R14 in front and P225/60 R14 in rear.  The
fronts will scrape just a tad when reversing with the steering wheel turned
more than about 1/2 turn (seems to have stock steering ratio).  Width of
tread (both F and R) appears to be about 6 1/2 inches.

So, if the question is "how large can I go", 215 would seem to be just a
smidge too much up front.

Picture at:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hmlinc@sbcglobal.net/detail?.dir=7bb0&.dnm=8f8f.jpg&.src=ph

Later, JR