<VV> Re: cam again

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 20:29:05 EDT 2005

 N2VZD at aol.com writes:
i assume nobody out there has any info on melling brand corvair cams?
part number ccs-16
i would like to know if it is suitable for a pg .
regards, tim colson

Tim,
Did you try to find the company on the web?  If you can, ask them.  If all
else fails, take the cam to a really good engine builder or a cam grinder and
let them take a look at it.  Guys like that have enough experience to tell by
looking what the cam was intended for.  I took an unknown cam to a grinder once
and he told me it looked like a low end hi torque grind good for a truck or
PG.  I put it in an engine hooked to a PG and it works great.  Hey, it's worth a
shot.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club