<VV> paint problems

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Thu Sep 15 22:32:16 EDT 2005

I had the same problem (low gloss) painting the same things (shrouds) with
that same paint, which I don't use anymore on anything visible like shrouds.
But I found a way of getting this paint up to what I consider its design
gloss (60%) - use metal polish (I used Autosol). It's tedious and laborious,
but it works and you don't have to refinish the shrouds. I suspect ANY
polish such as White Polishing Compound, even stronger cuts of swirl
remover, would work.
     I suspect you could do this with grooming clay, too, but I find
grooming clay awkward to apply to complex surfaces like shrouds. Metal
polish is bad enough (Q-Tips, etc.).

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C