<VV> paint problems

Marc Sheridan sheridanma at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 15 22:39:24 EDT 2005

Kirk,

I'm no paint expert, but from my experience painting engine sheet metal, you
have to get rid of the oil that has been on them for about 40 years. Dawn
detergent is the best detergent I know of to cut oil and grease, but even
Dawn isn't enough to prep for paint. What I use is Easy Off oven cleaner.
You have to get the original stuff (yellow cap) that stinks to do the job.
Not only will it get rid of the ancient oil, it will take paint off too, so
you can put away the sand blaster.

Hope this helps.

Marc Sheridan