<VV> engine trouble

Spencer S. Gwyther spyder_man at sisna.com
Fri Sep 16 16:47:18 EDT 2005

i am writing about my recent expiriences a few wekkes ago my dad my brother and me were going to take my brother back to job corps were he lives and goes to school. when on our way up there there was a long bang form the engine that sounded like a back fire but we slowly lost power as we pulled over. when we stopped my dad and me jumped out to look at the engine, when we got to the back of the car the engine quit on its own. we couldnt see anything wrong so we went to keep going and it wouldn' start ,the engine had seized. we were able to walk to a gas station and call my grandpa we took the car to his house and decided to borrow a car for the week until we could get down there the week after. when we had a chance to go down we were going to put another engine in but just my luck that was siezed to. after we found one we could usewe went through the engine to make sure it was in good shape, for the most part it looks like a good low miles engine. so we took the engine that was currently in the car out and took it apart, we are using the heads from that engine (they are already deflashed). when i took the top cover off the middle cylinders both threw a rod the pistons came apart and destroyed the block. lucky me it looks like the piston's came up hit the head once and stayed down. the car isnt on the road yet but this next weekend  have to put the new engine together and in the care.

p.s. this is the worst i have ever seen a corvair engine.

Spyder_Man
64 spyer
Spencer Gwyther
http://users.sisna.com/gwyth10/spencer-spyder.html