<VV> Lost third and fourth gear

Lauren C Mizel slmizel at juno.com
Sat Sep 17 16:48:21 EDT 2005

OK guys.  65 corsa vert 140/4: I bought and just installed a new shift
coupler (the coupler part that connects the shift rod to the
transmission).  I was hoping to tighten up the feel of the
shifting...well it does feel tighter for reverse (much easier to get
into) first and second, but I can no longer get to third and fourth!  I
took the coupler back off, reinstalled it making sure to shove the
coupler all the way back on the shift rod before tightening it on,
reattached it to the transmission, same result.  Help??  Anyone else had
this problem??

Steve Mizel
CORSA
1965 Corsa Vert 140/4 327