<VV> Re: rustproofing backyard style(OUTDOORS!)

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Sep 19 17:38:14 EDT 2005

i use a gun sold by harbor freight for rust proofing. it is cheap.another
gun i have used is sold by napa for small (1 qt) sandbasting or painting.
spraying por15 is not recommended(for safety reasons?) but i have  done it.  watch
out for those fumes!. i also use a mix of oil and candle  wax nuked in a glass
container . it works very good and migrates . it takes a  long time to calm
down drooling. but it wont harden up and trap moisture. i did  my modern cars
with it 2 years ago, and get some drool still on real hot days.  wipes right
off.  i have a junk repaired microwave in my shop for such  stuff.  also enamel
paints hold up  better without thinner , so i  heat the paint until it just
starts to think about smoking then put it in the  gun. great for engine shrouds
and frame painting or a tough coating for wheels.  these are things i have
done over the years .very messy job but it works well.  worse part of job is
cleanup.
regards, tim colson