<VV> Anther wheel question..... sorry.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Sep 19 20:07:34 EDT 2005

It'll be close - if you are buying new between 4.5 and 5" backspace
*or* a 6" wide wheel will fit much better.  BTW, I am aware of the
advantages of a wider wheel, but for all practical purposes it doesn't
much matter in a street application.  IMHO, if the last inch of width
makes a measurable difference in your application, you should run 8 or
9 inch wheels anyway and just get the Sawzall out :-)

My best suggestion if these wheels are your only choice in dimension is
buy two tires, mount them, and see how they fit up front.  They'll fit
just fine out back, so if you have to you could run a slightly shorter
or narrower tire up front.  If you're buddies with the tire store guy,
he may even have a worn out sample of the tires you're looking at on
the discard pile - you could have one mounted for a test fit.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa