<VV> mystery tag in trunk of orig. '63 & new owner

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Sep 21 10:45:39 EDT 2005

In central Jersey, where my Corvair resides and where I spend my leisure
time, I have recently noticed a white '63 Monza coupe that has taken up residence
in a driveway I often pass.  I waited until I was out in my own '63 Monza
before stopping to look at it because I wanted the occupants of the home to have
some idea as to what kind of weirdo they were dealing with if they happened to
look out the window and see someone peering into their Corvair.  Turns out to
have been bought for a 16 year old girl named Megan (aren't all girls that age
named Megan?) who doesn't even have her driver's license yet (one has to be
17 in New Jersey).  Still, she's already quite the proud Corvair owner as the
braces-baring grin on her face told me as she excitedly showed me her car.  I
gave her (and more importantly, her father) info re:  our vendors and CORSA.
They, in turn, let me take a photo of a mystery tag attached by a wire to the
cowl or "firewall" in the trunk next to the brake master cylinder.  The car
appears to be a low-mileage original and the tag, being covered in spatter paint,
appears to have been attached at the factory.  I've shared the pic with larry
claypool and he, in turn, with "Dave" (Newell, I presume).  Neither has any
idea what the tag is.  I've posted a pic of it on one of my humble AOL
homepages and you can look at it at:

http://hometown.aol.com/wrsssatty/myhomepage/collection.html

Any ideas out there as to what it is?

--Bill Stanley

P.S.  It's got a red interior, the stock engine (i.e. no 102 crossed-flags on
the rear deck-lid) and 3-speed manual