FW: <VV> Jets for power

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 21 12:03:00 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: kovacsmj [mailto:kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:40 AM
To: 'AeroNed at aol.com'
Subject: RE: <VV> Jets for power

 If I remember my stuff from aircraft maintenance school, there are two
fuel ratios that will give full power (I can't remember the numbers
though). The rich mixture is use to cool the intake charge to prevent
detonation during full power take off. Remember the extreme pressures in
a supercharged aircraft engine at take off power!

 The lean mixtures would quickly destroy the engines at WOT during take
off.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS ex USAF