<VV> Jets for power

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Sep 21 12:32:08 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/21/2005 9:13:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dreamwoodck at yahoo.com writes:

> The size of the carb is fixed, and as such, hopw much air will flow through
> it is fixed too ( A 390cfm carb flows 390 cubic inches of air per minute).
> You lock in the mixture when you install jets of a certain size. Simply put,
> bigger jets mix more fuel with the available air. Richer mixture. Smaller jets
> mix in less fuel. Leaner mixture.

Sorry Charlie....gggg        Ever wonder why Ford and some tried a "variable
ventui carb"????     The "differential" / "pressure drop"  thru a fixed ventui
VARIES with airflow....why we "adjust jetting / float levels"  to get the
carbs to do what we want...

15 to 1???  childs play.......We run our  SoLoNox [ leanburn gas turbines ]
at 64 to 1 ......FULL POWER........but yes...Turbines are Thermal engines....we
control by temperature.....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug