<VV> Re: jets for power

corvair at mts.net corvair at mts.net
Wed Sep 21 12:34:33 EDT 2005

Why no smoke? I assume (I know, I know...) that you don't see the smoke because of the huge amount of air flow from the big fan up front.... dilutes it in a hurry!

At sea level, at full throttle, full rich probably isn't too far off max power afr. How many people fly at sea level though? As you go up, full rich becomes too rich and you need to lean. We're at about 720 asl here and that's enough to make a difference.

Les