<VV> '63 mystery tag: Hank's theory--D. Newell speaks out

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Sep 21 14:35:55 EDT 2005

Here's Dave Newell's reply to me after I shared Hank's theory with him re:
the mysterious tag in the trunk of the '63.

--Bill Stanley

<Hi,
Fisher did all the painting on the body. The bodies were tagged with Fisher
build sheets, taped to the front of the body. Those were "broadcast sheets",
much larger than the little tag you found. It would be interesting to see if
that tag has body color paint on it and spatter paint over that. That would mean
that it was there before the body color paint. And if it has primer under the
body color, it would mean that the tag was there from the body shop area when
the body was still "in white" (bare metal).

Dave>