<VV> High Current Alternator

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Sep 22 00:03:25 EDT 2005

>  I just upgraded to a 63 amp.  I ordered
>one for a 1970 Nova with a 350 and air.

Memory sez that the 10 DN (external regulator) was available in 37, 42, 55,
and 63 amp versions and you could mix or match stators and armatures to get
different outputs. The 42 and 63 amp versions did not put out as much at
idle as the 37 and 55 but crossed over at higher rpm.

These were replaced by the 10 SI series around 1971-72 and are the internal
regulator version in approximately the same form factor and were available
in 55, 80, and 100 amp versions. For high output alternators generally you
need look no further than the biggest Cadillac of the year.

Have all of the Delco-Remy information buried in here somewhere.

Padgett