<VV> comprehensive, was Corvair vandalism

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Sep 22 00:14:37 EDT 2005

>Anyhow, the car was totaled. I told the adjuster up front that I wanted to
>buy the car back if it was totaled. No problem, the car and the title
>stayed in
>  my possession.

Have to quibble a bit but at least in Florida, if a car is "totaled", you
do not keep the title and may wind up with a non-transferable "salvage"
title. OTOH whatever agreement the adjuster and you come to is what
happens. They can just cut a check and walk away. They *cannot* demand your
title (though they may try), you must agree to surrender it in exchange for
compensation. (IANAL but that is my understanding ).

Padgett