<VV> Re:Re: Info on Trunk Release conversion for LM

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Sep 22 15:30:28 EDT 2005

At 11:14 hours 09/21/2005, Jim Burkhard wrote:
>Whatever one you use, be sure to have a second external safety
>release.  You don't want to just employ a remote trunk release from
>a rear trunk car and make yourself vulnerable to accidental "vision
>obscuring deployments"!
>
>Jim Burkhard
>
>Taruffi57 at aol.com wrote:
>>Can someone tell me what under-dash mounted front trunk lid release
>>-  from which car, will best adapt to a '69 LM Coupe?
>>
>>Joe Dunlap
>>Florida

Good idea about the safety concerns.    I used a cable release for
the '65 ragtop, used a universal manual choke cable with a fabricated
belcrank on the lock cylinder up front, pull knob is inside the glove
box which means I won't be reaching over while driving to open the
glove box and reach in the lower left side in back to yank the knob.

Of course, if anybody touches the glovebox while I'm driving, they
get read the riot act.   No "accidental" trunk lid openings in my
daily routine.

tony..