<VV> comprehensive, was corvair vandalism

Marc Marcoulides hharpo at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 12:53:55 EDT 2005

responding to this question...
When I insure a new car and get Collision and Comprehensive coverage,
the insurance company charges me a set premium based upon,
among other things, the cost of the car. So how come my premiums do
not go down as the car value goes down?   I am getting less insurance every
year, but the premiums do not come down. What's up with that?

The value of the car is going down, however the cost of repairs following a
collision loss is more consistant. Insurance companies are allowed to charge a rate
that reflects the amount paid in claims for that model.