<VV> RE: Interesting Article ...NOW Engineer (no Corvair)

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Thu Sep 22 15:33:16 EDT 2005

	My son, now a sophomore at RPI, wants to be an engineer, just
like Dad (I'm flattered,BTW)  Engineers, or at least the ones I know,
tend to BE engineers because they love the work.  I told him what's
happening in the workforce. My advice:
	Be a well rounded Engineer.  Master another language.  Take
project management.  Work a few years in the US.  Be willing to travel.
Then YOU might be the guy who directs other engineers.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of aeroned at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:19 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> RE: Interesting Article ...NOW Engineer (no Corvair)

What's all this about the lack of employment opportunities for
engineers? My employer, Cessna Aircraft, as well as Bell Helicopter, is
hiring all engineering disciplines. If there are any engineers out there
that are interested in working on airplanes in Wichita, send them my
way.

In case you don't know Cessna doesn't just built "bug smasher"
airplanes. We have 60% of the market on small to mid size business jets
including the fastest commercial aircraft in production.

Ned