<VV> RE: Interesting Article ...NOW Engineer (no Corvair)

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Sep 22 15:46:02 EDT 2005

Exceptionally good advice. An engineering education is pretty awesome... especially when combined with other skills/education. Jeff Immelt (GE CEO) is
an engineer that went back and got a Harrvard MBA. He's the smartest man I think I've ever been in the same room with.

The senior managers in MANY companies began with an engineering degree.  Some of our top salespeople began as engineers. The most successfull
lawyer in my town has an undergraduate engineering degree (from my school). And though I have rarely worked as an engineer (and never as an engineer
actually in my field of nuclear engineering), the "hard science" education I received prepared me for a very wide array of opportunities.

Bill Elliott