<VV> RE: Interesting Article ...NOW Engineer (no

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 15:36:51 EDT 2005

We had a celbration of sorts at our house last night

My 24 year old, Bachelor of science in Computer Science got a job in his
field.

He's been cooking in a Pizzeria for the past few years whils going to  school.

I thought the degree might not help him a lot but he got a job with a
starting salary of $47,500
per year... As the Linux research manager for a up and coming  company.

It's in Garden Grove, CA so he'll be moving soon.

$47,500 sounds like a pretty good starting salary.

But he'll still only be able to buy a converted garage here in sunny
southern. Comes with
excellent benifits too. His student loan payoff starts in October.

He gave his employer 2 weeks notice. He said he's going to keep a running
count on how
many pizzas he makes before he leaves.

Tim Abney
IECC