<VV> LM lower windshield panel replacement

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 24 19:26:57 EDT 2005

I did this about 7 years ago. Here's what I did:
1- I measured the distance from top windshield rail to the lower
windshield rail
      in 3 places after removing the windshield. Center left and
right sides about 3 or four inches in.
      I then cut out of old rail. You'll need to remove some of the
old lead also.
      I cut three pieces of 1x2 pieces of wood.
2- Then I trimmed the extra off where the dash goes under the rail.
Down to about " or 1 1/2" if I remember correctly.
3- I put the new rail into place and used the pieces of wood to hold
it there. I tack welded in rail into place. About eight
      or ten tack welds. I spot welded some small strips into place
on the ends and attached them to the fenders.
      I puttied the ends and primered it. It's still holding up just
fine.
4- Step four I did not do! That was to buy the trim studs and put
them on. Do that before you paint it.  ;op

Worked great for me. It was my first weld job.
-Cash

On Sep 23, 2005, at 9:33 AM, The Barneck Family wrote:

> I am about to replace the lower windshield panel with the repo that
> is available.

Cash Case, Art guy -
Home phone: 972-444-8531
Cell phone: 214-280-8998

"English doesn't borrow from other languages.
English follows other languages down dark alleys,
knocks them over, and goes through their
pockets for loose grammar."