<VV> PayPal & bank accts.--NO CORVAIR

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Fri Sep 23 10:35:54 EDT 2005

I know a lot of you folks do eBay so I thought I'd seek your thoughts/advice
on this.  PayPal now requires the submission of bank account information for
users to become "verified" and have even set an arbitrary dollar amount limit
before becoming verified is mandatory.  In other words, with only the credit
card information that one originally submitted to them, they will now only allow
a lifetime dollar amount limit they will allow you to spend before you have
to become "verified" by submitting the bank account information.  I find using
PayPal convenient, especially when dealing with foreign currencies but I am
extremely hesitant to give bank account information.  I feel the credit card
access, which they already have, should be sufficient and that using the credit
card gives me, as a consumer, greater protection against fraud and greater
leverage in seeking arbitration of disputes.  Do any of you have any thoughts on
giving PayPal bank account information?  Private replies O.K.  BTW, I'm
seriously considering filing a complaint with the New Jersey Div. of Consumer Affairs
regarding PayPal's practice.  Don't know if it would do any good but what
have I got to lose by trying?

Thanks!

Bill Stanley