<VV> Convertible Rear Window

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 26 22:00:55 EDT 2005

I've just put it down for the last 25 years on the Corvair and for 13 years
before that on other GM cars.  I found it WAY too much trouble to unzip the
window each time, and 10 times as much trouble to zip it back up in the
rain.

Back in the day (as my kids say), when window materials got hard and turned
yellow almost as fast as you could install the top, I had one or two windows
crack.  I haven't seen any cracking or scratching problems in the last 20
years or so.

Now, to be fair, I don't run it up and down every day.  It pretty much stays
down when it's not raining or freezing.
No towel, etc. just try to fold the window gently, especially if it's below
50 degrees or so.

Lazy in Texas,
  Roger