<VV> ebay silliness

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 13:14:01 EDT 2005

Imagine my surprise when my NOS one went for $575!  Myself, I have purchased
about half a dozen for $75 each, give or take.  Auctions take on their own
life.  If two people want something badly, rationality takes a backseat and pride
(or the need for instant gratification) takes over and the deep pocket rules.
That's what happened with my NOS thermister.  Having said that, the supply is
dwindling and demand seems to be growing - it's natural that the price will
rise.  These parts were never cheap though.  Back in the 70's when I was making
$1.65 an hour (before taxes), they were $45, most of my week's paycheck.
Craig Nicol