<VV> Mo' no hot idle

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 19:04:59 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/28/05 10:39:31 AM US Mountain Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

> >Are you saying you cannot adjust the idle speed[s] and mixture screw[s] to
> >allow it to idle in NEUTRAL?  or just when in drive?
> Sure but when fully warmed up it idles for a few sesconds, then slows down
> until it burps and dies. Idle is good when just warm enough for chokes to
> fully open.

Hi,
You lost me here. What happens when you get the engine hot, then put it in
drive with the park brake firmly set and let it idle?

If you say it idles for a few minutes and then dies, what happens after you
give the idle speed screws a half turn each and let it idle? What about a 3/4
turn each?
Regards,
Bob Helt