<VV> Rear wheel play

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 22:59:54 EDT 2005

I was cleaning the underside of my car for concours at the Roundup this
weekend (Why do people do this?). I noticed that the rear wheels have some  in/out
play, about an 1/8 inch. I checked the u-joint straps and everything is
tight. I can see that the yoke on the diff is what's moving. I pulled the axles
(they needed to be cleaned) and checked the bolts holding the yokes to the diff
 and they're tight. So what's loose? side bearings? or is this OK?

Ned