<VV> quick shift question - Questions on shift towers

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Sep 29 18:19:49 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/29/2005 1:41:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bwschug at charter.net writes:

I  checked some part numbers in my Chev Parts and Acc Cat effective 1972
and  found this part number - "65-66 CORVAIR w/3-SPD.....3872873". This
is in  section 4.010 on page 4-2. This looks like the '65 and '66 used
the same  part. This is called housing assy,. control lever. If these
are the same  part, then the housing from either a '65 or a '66 3-speed
should  work.
Seth -
If it was the same, it will work - As I mentioned before, I don't have a 66
3-speed to check out. I know the 65 works, and there are a lot more 65s
around.

Bruce-
There is also a part number 3784295 for a '64 3-speed that I understand
is a tall housing. I'm not sure how to read this book, but it looks
like  this is for all '60-'64  except for the 64 4-speed.
I presume this is the early tall housing referenced in the original post.
Will this
work on a late-model?

Seth-
Many things can be "made to work" I think the floor and the shim packs  are
not the same for early/late. I worked with all late-model  stuff.

Bruce-
Will it produce the desired quick shift assembly?
Or, not really.

Seth -
 I don't know. There are the aftermarket units as well for  quickshift. Has
anybody used early shifters on late models?