<VV> quick shift question - Questions on shift towers

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Fri Sep 30 21:46:32 EDT 2005

On Sep 29, 2005, at 6:19 PM, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/29/2005 1:41:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> bwschug at charter.net writes:
>
> I  checked some part numbers in my Chev Parts and Acc Cat effective
> 1972
> and  found this part number - "65-66 CORVAIR w/3-SPD.....3872873". This
> is in  section 4.010 on page 4-2. This looks like the '65 and '66 used
> the same  part. This is called housing assy,. control lever. If these
> are the same  part, then the housing from either a '65 or a '66 3-speed
> should  work.
> Seth -
> If it was the same, it will work - As I mentioned before, I don't have
> a 66
> 3-speed to check out. I know the 65 works, and there are a lot more 65s
> around.

Okay, so it looks like either a '65 or a '66 3-speed housing is the
tall housing that will produce this quick shifter. Well, here's
something of interest. Clark's shows their part number CX3756, which
they call an NOS Housing-shift-65-66 3 spd, in stock for $27.00!

Now, do we know which shift lever works with this housing? Will a
chrome Corsa lever work or do you need the black 3-speed lever? I can't
figure this out by looking in the parts book because it lists lever
assemblies which includes the shift knob.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC