<VV> Re: SHIFT THROW

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 04:35:35 EDT 2005

in my 64 spyder , i started shortening the shift throw , because i had  a ham
radio hanging under the dash hitting my knuckles. i started with 3 spd
housing per an article in an old communique , plus an aftermarket adapter(epoxy
the added extension so it cant come loose!) then i sawed the lever off about
halfway (that left it a straight lever , no curve)and rethreaded it for the
knob. that thing worked so nice you did not need the clutch. it was a touch
tricky to get into reverse though. i had plenty of extra parts to play with , so
i did not damage the original shifter stuff. when i sold it the original was
on  it , the other went to an autocross car in this area. get the saw out, it
will  be like a true sports car. i may even still have pictures here.
regards, tim colson