<VV> Re: POWERGLIDE MEASUREMENTS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 04:50:38 EDT 2005

i made my measurements using a cut up business card.  you do not have  to
worry about it if you are using the differential that came with the
transmission. if they are not matched, by all means check it. the thrust washers  are
becoming a problem to get, so if you have not parted out a bunch of  powerglides
better be lucky. i did have to go thru this last year with all my  monkeyshines
, trying to get things working good on my rampy. get bob ballews  book on
powerglides. this area is explained very well in it.. i made a copy of  the page
and taped it to the wall by my trans bench.next watch the powerglide  rebuild
tape by the cheapeake corvair club(clarks part number c9519)get ready  for
lots of fun or lots of trouble. read it at least twice!
like mike  k says, getting ALL  the info (plus cleaning all  of the parts)is
most of the job!
regards, tim colson