<VV> police harassment - again -long

Mark J. Murphy m.j.murphy at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 08:37:48 EDT 2005

These "misunderstandings" happen all the time.  I've been stopped a few
times (different) for "defective equipment" by cops that noticed my parking
lights weren't working.  I can usually explain that as a rule they weren't
supposed to stay on with the headlights until '68, and be on my way.  Did
have one cop who implied that I was a poor liar because he knew better, and
that I could take it up with judge.  Being long on principle and short on
brains I took the day out of work (loss of a day's pay to fight a $50
ticket) to have the judge tell me he owned "a 60s vehicle" and I was wrong.
Wound up beating it by correctly guessing the judge's car as a Baracuda and
explaining they were the exception to the rule (had one of them too).  Cost
me more than double what it would have to just pay the ticket, but I won (?)
in principle.
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/