<VV> Police Harassment

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri Sep 30 10:38:31 EDT 2005

That assumes the problem is this one deputy.  I don't know that's true, for all I know the whole department AND the judges are like this.  I haven't been pulled over or even looked at by any other sheriff's deputy.  My worry is I'll talk with the sheriff and he'll agree with the deputy.  They do tend to stick together.

There is an issue with people abusing the antique plate laws, I see people all the time with what are obviously work truck with antique plates on them and I see 70's POS's driving around with antique plates and there's no way they're collector's cars.  Who knows.

I agree I shouldn't argue with cops on the street but when this guy told me the state police had lied to me and then threatened to take my car because he "felt" it was unsafe I just lost it.

I still don't know what to do.  I know what I SHOULD do but I'm afraid it'll cause me problems.

mike

Mike
Since you got out of it without a ticket, good-o. However, Arguing with a
police officer isn't a good idea. You should have asked for the ticket, then
gone to court, and showed the judge the copies of the law.

<snip>

Hank