<VV> Platz

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 21:36:35 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/30/2005 6:25:51 PM Pacific Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

Laws  usually say the plate must be visible from the front but generally do
not  say where. Have seen some cars with plates in the windshield. Have also
seen cars that look silly with a plate centered in the front but fine with
the plate mounted over on the passenger side. You do have choices (mine is
to live in Florida which does not have a front plate).

Padgett

Okay - California requires front plates on all cars. When I bought my 1996
Camaro (in 96) I never installed it,cause it's ugly. I drove it until 2004,
never questioned, pulled over once for some "behavior" no ticket. No problem
(Northern California!). My daughter took the car down to LA, 2nd night parked in
 front of a nice apartment complex, a ticket appeared for no front plate. And
she  was mad at me - So I pulled the second plate off the back of my racecar
(trailered only) and installed it on the front of the Camaro while she was
home.  My new Vette had no front plate - still has no front plate. None intended
until  forced. Could it be the attitude of both the driver and the Police in
the area.  - I guess I'm still a scofflaw! But well plated!

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day!

Corvair  (YENKO)