Fwd: <VV> rear brakes...need some help.

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 10:16:32 EST 2006

In a message dated 4/1/2006 8:04:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

> I went to
> >put the hold down spring on the side that has the
> >adjuster on it, and the spring is compressing all the
> >way, but it's coming up just a hair short, and it
> >seems nothing I do is helping as far as a little to
> >the left, little to the top...etc...

Ryan,  Before I got the retainer tool I used needle nose plyers with the tips
inside the retainer cup to press it in as I held the pin from the backside of
the backing plate.   Be sure the hole and head of the pin are clean--a little
bit of rust can keep it from seating fully and extending all the way.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa