<VV> Bleeding MCs

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 10:16:51 EST 2006

vair65 at netzero.net writes:

> On a complete rebuild of the system (MC, lines, wheel cyld.) why not just
> pull a vacuum on the lines at the WC and suck fluid in from the MC.  Isn't
> this how the factory did it?
> Keith Hammett

The most common reason?  $$$  They don't have the equipment, they're out of
$$$,  and TIME...they want to get brakes NOW!  ggg

With a Dual MC......I use 4 hoses....connnected to each  WC bleeder..that is
barely "cracked" open [ 1/2 turn].  I use 4 cups with 1"  of fluid in each.
The hoses MUST been submersed in the fluid!

With a constantly refilled MC.......SLOWLY  push the pedal DOWN and
release..once every 15 seconds. 1 The Residual valves keep the fluid from "backing up"
and   2  the SLOW  "cycling"  allows TIME for the fluid in the reservoir to
go down the SMALL  holes!

A Helper is handy to watch the cups...for BUBBLES....and refilling the MC.

When NO  more bubbles are seen  AND the fluid is rising in EACH  cup.....you
close the bleeders [all 4] and you should have a hard pedal!

Matt Nall
65/66/69/DB/BT
Coos Bay, Ore.