<VV> Yes, WELD GALVI---

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Apr 1 18:23:47 EST 2006

BTW, all this talk about not welding galvanized steel, and now the
mention of zinc rich paint, brings to mind the weld through primers we
use in the auto-body collision field. We are supposed to use this weld
through primer to restore the corrosion protection that was there from
the factory on  newer cars. What is the main component of these primers?
Zinc! They are zinc paint, kind of a cold galvanizing process in a can.
So body shops doing it "right" are spraying zinc paint on bare steel and
then welding zinc whenever replacing body or structural panels. And of
course you can use this zinc paint to help keep corrosion out of pinch
weld areas and other joints when welding new panels in your Corvair. It
would not be needed in butt joints.

Frank DuVal