<VV> Re: 2007 CORSA convention

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 23:37:21 EST 2006

In a message dated 4/1/2006 4:12:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,  ronh at owt.com
writes:

Geez,  two years in a row in the north-east!

Buffalo is on the EAST end of Lake Erie and Detroit is on the WEST end, 260
miles further WEST.

I doubt that there are many people in either Buffalo or Detroit  that would
consider their cities to be in the "Northeast." Similarly, there are  many
people in the "Northeast" that would consider either of these cities to be  part
of their region.

There were similar complaints about Carlisle and Lexington. This was
followed by complaints about Portland being too far west. The basic "problem" is  the
geographic size of the central division. The divisions are sort of set up
based on population distribution not geography. All of the open land in the
plains, means the most of the Central Division conventions are going to be east
of the Mississippi. No matter what Corsa does, or where the convention is
located, there are people that will be unhappy with the geographic fact that our
country is 3000 miles across.

Just be glad you at least on this side of the Atlantic...

Ned