Fwd: <VV> Gas leak/Under power. and Brakes too!

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 12:54:52 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/1/2006 10:40:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
daretocorvair at yahoo.com writes:

> Last night I also installed the gas tank, and put gas
> in it...and found that the sending unit leaked(even
> with the new seal!)  So I drained it, and this morning
> went to toan and got some gasoline resistant permatex
> and gobbed it on.

Ryan,  Congratulations on another milestone.  I've highlighted the part about
the sender leak because I think it's going to cause you trouble later.  If
the sender leaks with the dry gasket then the surfaces or gasket aren't clean or
"true" enough.  No sealants were used originally because they will fail
eventually.  If it isn't leaking yet just make a note to yourself that it will in
the future unless you go back to the big o ring gasket and clean mating
surfaces on the tank and retainer.   But congratulations on this week's
accomplishments.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier