<VV> 2007 convention

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Apr 2 19:09:57 EDT 2006

I'm from Indiana originally. They have finally admitted that they are
mid-East, not mid-West, by joining EST/EDT as of yesterday... I may start a
movement to adopt the use of the term mid-East for that section of the
country. :-)

I think the term mid-West is leftover from when there were not yet 48
contiguous states... You know, when Minnesota was the Northwest.

It seems reasonable on the surface to re-divide CORSA more evenly,
geographically speaking, but the population density in the West (except for
the coast and the SW) is too low to make it practical. Unless we wanted a
lot more divisions than we have now or were OK with the membership numbers
being even more lopsided than they are now. (The Western division is by far
the smallest.) The reason that matters, potentially, is having enough
candidate clubs in each division to host a convention.

--Kent