<VV> Re: Shift Linkage

John H. Green jgreen at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 2 21:23:16 EDT 2006

My thanks to Chuck and Bob. I followed Chuck's advice and success--the car now shifts perfectly.

John Green

Snip.....
John,  Chuck has everything spelled out in his reply.  Can you remove the nut and rubber shock bumper from the rod and reassenble the whole piece in order to reattach it loosely to the front bracket before final assembly?  If your front mounts are really bad the tranny could be too low, but the rod should have enough adjustment to still tie things up ok.